Thursday, April 28, 2011

Recipe Feedback

So the Crab Rangoon Dip I made just didn't taste enough like crab rangoons for me...in fact it was too crabby and I do NOT do seafood...blech. I did the 1/4 cup green onions it called for and you could not even taste them in there! Also it was a bit lumpy so if you try it make sure to use a food processor to get it a bit smoother. This was what I used..

 
  • 1 block light cream cheese
  • 6oz of ready cooked crab the louis kemp refridgerated stuff
  • 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
  • dash of worcestershire
  • dash of soy sauce

 
It was just blah to me....def needs tweaking!

 
Another recipe we tried was the Hungry Girl's Cheesy Bacon Pigs in a Blanket from her new 300 under 300 book.

 
I tweaked a little but kept all the same ingredients.
  • low point hotdogs (I used turkey dogs and next time will use fat free ball park or low fat hebrew national as the turkey had a yuck texture to me)
  • 1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss per dog (not sure I am a fan of this cooked in things, I will leave it for crackers from now on)
  • crescent roll dough
  • turkey bacon (I wrapped 1 slice of precooked around each dog)
  • whatever dipping sauces, I used BBQ and Gareth used ketchup
The way I made these they were 6 WW points+ each. Next time will do prob just the dog and crescent roll for me making it 4 to 5 points+ depending on what dogs we use ;)

Divy up your triangles of dough, wrap bacon around each dog, smoosh LC cheese wedge into each one (maybe 1/2 wedge for each one would be better....) wrap in the dough. Place on cookie sheet and bake until dough is golden brown.

Like I said not a fave recipe but it is always good to try new things :) I think we will attempt the HG chicken pot pie recipe tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment