Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Monday

This week was a challenge! We are trying very hard (although not doing so great :s)to save money for our upcoming trip to England so this week I decided no grocery shopping and no take out just use what we had...which was not much LOL! 1 bag of frozen chicken, a box of boca burgers, bacon, and vegetarian breakfast sausage was our only meat to work with. So without further rambling here is what I came up with...

Saturday- linguine w/ jar marinara (the meijer brand is def not a fave but it was edible)

Sunday- Vegetarian mexican brown rice dish(this turned out so good! Brown rice, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of rotel tomatoes, chopped green onion, 1 can corn, 1 packet of taco seasoning, sprinkle of cheese on top)

Monday-Salads with chicken breast

Tuesday-Tomato(co-worker blessed us with fresh garden ones yum!) bacon  sandwiches

Wednesday-Savory Chicken Rollups (put red,yellow,and green peppers in YUMMO)

Thursday- Veggie Burgers maybe some homemade mac n cheese as a side

Friday- Quickie Enchiladas

4 comments:

  1. I'm following you from Pitch it to Me.

    http://glamourgirlreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Cool blog! I am your newest follower! Hope you will follow us back at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Hop, Skip and Jumping!

    Have a great night!
    Jessica
    www.jessicascoupons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. it all sounds good. I am also cooking out my pantry. My family has been having a field day with me not grocery shopping.
    Here from Thursday Friends, glad to meet you.A little about todays post:
    I'm teaching my daughter the art of following, hope you will stop by to encourage her.
    At home with Auntie E

    ReplyDelete