Friday, April 23, 2010

Attempting to Cook

So now that we are attempting to lose our pregnancy weight (yes my husband also put on 20 to 30 pounds) we are trying to STOP all the take out food! What arrived just in time? Why my free subscription to Food Everyday magazine (thanks coke rewards!). Here are the recipes we have tried thus far and what we thought....

30 minute Spaghetti and Meatballs- Will not make again. The sauce was only made from canned whole tomatoes smashed up with some onions (yuck) but the meatballs were made from ground italian sausage which Gareth did enjoy so will make those more often but using tried and true fave jar sauces haha!

Chicken and Cannelini Bean Salad- We loved this! It originally called for tuna but we don't do that...so I put some shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken in it instead. Was quite a bit or prep that made me feel very chef like ;) tasted very fresh and healthy too!

Chicken Tostadas- these were really tasty and again tasted fresh and healthy! The most prep was for the garnishes but you can always do that ahead of time and chicken again was from the rotisserie chicken (those things can make at least 3 meals for 2 adults pretty cool and economical and easy!)

Sorry I don't have links to the exact recipes used as Martha must not allow the current magazines recipes to be posted online or something....

All in all we are doing good for the eating part of operation get healthier and I am sure it will get better once I am at work next week and we can be even more set on schedule!

Now for the exercise portion....I went on a walk today with Lainey on me and WHEW am I ever OUT OF SHAPE! Prob only went a half mile! Also angry as dug all around in basement to find my pedometer only to find the battery was dead SIGH.

Our treadmill should arrive next week though and I also need to start doing some wii fit (which of course is still telling me I am obese....have about 30 to 40 pounds to lose before I get to overweight status soooo depressing but all my own fault!).

2 comments:

  1. Everyday Food is AWESOME! my mom got me a subscription for Christmas and I *love* it.

    you can find some of their current issue recipes in the Everyday Food Blog: http://everydayfoodblog.marthastewart.com/

    ReplyDelete