Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cream Cheese Blintzes-Pinterest Inspired

So I have a recipe that I found and pinned that instantly brought me back to a childhood Christmas where one of my aunts brought these delectable confections to eat!

Here is the recipe I pinned Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups

Now this recipe on pinterest is actually a bit simpler than the one my family uses but I assume it would taste almost identical. Here are the step by steps of when I made mine...
Yes this white squishy chemical laden stuff works great for these!

take the crusts off and roll them flat

the mixture I put on the inside had cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and 2 eggs

my assembly line: filling, flattened bread, melted butter to dip in, then sugar/cinnamon mix to roll in for final touch!

full cookie sheet filled plus a few more layered on top! Put into freezer for at least 12 hours
Bake at 450 for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown then enjoy! Mmmmm! Gareth and I decided these would be even more lovely served with a dish of nice vanilla ice cream or I would like mine with custard drizzled over top!

These were our special Valentine's Day dessert and we had them along with another Pinterest recipe I tried for the first time French dip roll ups which I liked but what I really LOVED was this easy home made au jus! I did leave out the white wine (this pregnant Mama drank all hers up before getting pregnant haha) and I left out the flour as I liked the thickness of it I achieved without it. So good! My tips for the french dip roll ups is make sure to get THIN roast beef, I had the husabnd get it from the deli and although it was thin I think the pre-packaged stuff for sandwiches would have worked even better. The dough did not get all the way done on the bottom due to the thickness of the meat I used but again still were delish especially with that au jus!


No comments:

Post a Comment